Wednesday, January 2, 2008

How Our Christmas Went

Sorry it's been so long since the last update -- I was sick as a dog this past weekend and Jim took mighty good care of me.
Here is the picture essay from our schmancy trip to Boston for Christmas.
Jim looks like a serious bouncer in this picture, outside the Parker House where we stayed on Christmas Eve.


You'd think I'd never seen room service, as excited as I am here. Most everywhere in Boston was closed on Christmas Eve, hence the room service. It was delicious, by the by.






Presents! I love presents!!!!





Here I am in the Public Gardens, with the statue from Make Way For Ducklings, a great book that takes place in Boston. Note mama duck and all her babies on their way through the park. There was a line to have my picture taken with the statue, if you can imagine. And no, I didn't knock any kids out of the way to get in front of said line. I wasn't the only adult there either.

After this, we went to late lunch/early dinner at Beacon Hill Bistro, where I had amazing fish and seafood and Jim had lamb that he raved about. After one last drink at the Parker House, it was into a cab and back to our real lives in Medford. Such fantasies aren't meant to last and even Cinderella had to face reality at midnight.

2 comments:

yesiamahooker said...

who knew that a person could get so excited over greasy, lukewarm food delivered by some surly guy who would obviously rather be somewhere else...

BloodKillerDeathMan said...

room service!

presents!

ducklings!