Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Hooker!

And by that I mean yesiamahooker, my little brother and one of my best friends. It's his birthday today and it is also Miss Dolly Parton's birthday, which is interesting, but I'm not sure what it even means.
Note: According to reference.com, here are the notable births today:

1736 - James Watt, Scottish inventor of the steam engine.
1807 - Robert E. Lee, American commander-in-chief of the Confederate armies.
1809 - Edgar Allan Poe, American poet, author.
1839 - Paul Cézanne, French painter.
1908 - Ish Kabibble (Merwyn Bogue), American comic singer.
1930 - Tippi Hedren, an American film actress.
1943 - Janis Joplin, American blues and pop singer.
1946 - Dolly Parton, American songwriter, singer.
1955 - Paul Rodriguez, Hispanic-American comedian.
1971 - yesiamahooker, Siobhan's brother.
1972 - Drea de Matteo, American actress.
1980 - Jenson Button, English Formula One driver.

Lil Brother Hooker and I have been pals ever since we were small fries, even though, if given half a chance, he will regale you with horror stories of the atrocities I visited upon him in our collective youth.
Next time you see him, ask him about his first broken nose. It involves me, a station wagon and The Collected Works of Mark Twain in hardback.
This is on Thanksgiving night. We may have been drinking. You be the judge.


7 comments:

Vespa Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vespa Jay said...

DC sends birthday love to the Hooker. How did I not know who that was until now?

chimney fall cat said...

Happy Birthday! Interesting collection of people that share your day! Do something fun!

Vergie Bridges said...

"I told you to leave your sister alone!" DW circa 197?

Vergie Bridges said...

Happy Birtday Hooker!! Yes I Am!!!

Anonymous said...

Willard Scott wishes Ish Kabibble a happy 100th birthday.

And a happy birthday to the Hooker -- although we've never met, I hope to someday.

yesiamahooker said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I just froze my arse off watching rugby in 40 degree torrential rainstorm, out to eat supper and then to sea how much beer the human body can digest.

not mentioned on the birthday list: robert palmer, "the million dollar man" ted dibiase, svetlana khorkina (russian gymnast; why couldn't it be irina slutskaya?), and miss paula deen,