Thursday, February 28, 2008

3:00am, the technology hour

Those of you that know me really well know that I've long been an advocate of consumer level bionics. For example, how come I cannot get a chip implanted that simply lets me know what time it is all the time. Timer chips have been around for years, and it seems like a fairly simple, innocuous implant could transmit the signal to the brain, yet the technology just isn't there on the bio-side to make this happen.

Enter: Emotive Epoc Neural Headset

"At Emotiv, we've created a robust system and methodology for detecting and classifying both human conscious thoughts and non-conscious emotions. This revolutionary patent pending neural processing technology makes it possible for computers to interact directly with the human brain. By the detection of thoughts and feelings, our technology now makes it possible for applications to be controlled and influenced by the user's mind."


Priced at $299.00 this is a great buy, but won't be available until late 2008. Don't worry you can reserve yours today - I did mine.

5 comments:

BoSox Siobhan said...

And I thought I was "special" when I rode the short bus. Can you imagine what BKDM is going to look like when he wears this get-up?

Marcia, Your Confidence Coach said...

hey what happens when this interacts with morons? will your computer become neurotic and freak out?

BloodKillerDeathMan said...

bosox: you won't be laughing when I pull a Magneto on your ass

mycc: I hope to God this doesn't fall into the wrong hands, including those of morons...

BigTDog said...

Did you and your best friend make a super sexbot in high school out of doll parts, magazine clippings, and your computer?

Vespa Jay said...

I'm very afraid. VERY afraid for Bosox. What if he tries to wear that thing in bed so he can compute while, uhhhhhh, sleeping?