Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Yay Sawx!


In between sightseeing, drinking beer, eating seafood and interviewing, I have (not surprisingly) found time to watch all the Sox games since I got here. It's a totally new experience for me to be sitting somewhere and see people milling around who are supporting the same team I am. Maybe it'll get old after a while and maybe I'll start to hate the college kids who wear their "B" hats backwards, but right now it feels pretty cool to be here, in Boston, while the Red Sox play in October...with home field advantage the whole way through! It's too much for me to even hope that maybe they (we?) could win 2 World Series titles in 4 years after waiting so long for the 2004 title. Until they're done, I'll be glued to the TV wherever I am, as Fenway tickets are impossible to get.
And even Jim is getting into post-season baseball these days. I was watching the Indians and the Yankees last night to which he commented, "Oh, the Yankees won last (Sunday) night?" For most people, this isn't a very big statement, but my beloved resolutely loathes team sports. For him to know who was playing whom and how the series was still going on is a huge deal. I swear, I'll make a Red Sox fan out of him yet.
Jay - be warned. Friday's game starts at 7:10 and Saturday's at 8:21. You may end up in a bar watching it with a bunch of Massholes, unless Jim can save you from me.

3 comments:

Vespa Jay said...

Let's negotiate! I'll watch one game with you and kidnap your man for fun on the other night! Just kidding - I'm fine watching the baseball. Looking forward to the visit! Two more nights friend.

Unknown said...

hey have you forgotten the rockies? now they are ricking.

Unknown said...

ooops that is rocking not ricking.