Sunday, October 7, 2007

Old German Beer Hall

We started Saturday's bar crawl at a very nice place I discovered via Gridskipper.
It's called Jacob Wirth and is best described as a German Beer Hall with upscale treats.
I had some amazing nachos with a bleu cheese bechamel sauce. Heavenly. Jim indulged in Jaeger Schnitzel made with veal. It seemed, well, mighty hearty to me.
The restaurant is situated between Chinatown (a real Chinatown. Huzzah!) and the Theatre District, within walking distance of Boston Common (editor's note - Boston Common = singular. The Public Gardens = plural. This knowledge courtesy of my favorite MassHole). It's Boston's 2nd oldest restaurant, bested only by Union Oyster House, where, as it turns out, we snacked and watched the Red Sox on Sunday.
Jim took this super cool picture of the clock in front of the restaurant; I think I'm going to push him to print and frame this so we can put it somewhere in our new apartment.

No comments: