Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween in Salem - everything it's cracked up to be

O-M-G. What a f***ing awesome time. Truly Amazing. I love Salem and want to move here (then why don't you marry it?). They close down the streets and the whole town goes crazy. Below is a picture essay presenting a few of the many horrors and wonders of the time from the witch museum to the after hours debauchery.

El Dubb and I browsed more witch stores than you can shake a (broom)stick at. However, we were disappointed with the witch "museum", which was more like a Here-is-why-you-should-love-witches cultural center.

We made friends with several fab gay boys including the moustached Marie Antoinette (who's husband was a giant piece of cake that said "let them eat me.") We talked to this Marie Antoinette, and he told us without the moustache, he'd just be another queen in a dress. We agree.

Not many pictures of this, but we had a very romantic stroll along the wharf and a healthy, romantic dinner together.
If you ever wonder - "who is the BloodKillerDeathMan....."

A "Hay Maze?" Awesome - I wish I had a child!



A Giant 1100 and 24 lbs pumpkin!!









my beautiful bride, Anne Boleyn. I don't know where that "other" Boleyn girl was, but this one just came back from the guillotine.





Some of my favorite costumes from the night! Oh how I LOVE to celebrate the dead.






































And what better way to end the night than with that age old traditon, bobbing for apples, at an after-hours party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

p.s. and btw, when the cops showed up at the after-hours party, El Dubb grabbed the Makers and ran for it. No lie.

Vergie Bridges said...

That's my Girl!