Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fiona's new home

A co-worker of mine said hs parents had a cat who died about a year ago. They were looking for a mature, good-natured cat to lounge around their large, country house.

I nervously headed over to their house at 7:00 in the morning with the goods. During the drive I steeled myself and prepared to off them if the deal went sour.

Actually, they were a very nice, loving couple, and Fiona immediately took to her new surroundings. The moment I opened the box she popped out and started poking around. Here is a picture of her as she jogged from room to room, taking stock.



The little old lady and the little old man had very different reactions to the cat. The old lady followed her from room to room, eager to pet her and even once tried to hold her for a moment.



The little old man just sat and bided his time, waiting for Fiona to come to him. Eventually, after staking out her territory IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM, she jumped up on the couch next to him.


Of course I am sure that, as cats are wont to do, she will soon be ignoring them both and turning her attention to the big bay window in front of the bird feeders.

p.s. Laura's web browser history indicates an increase of late in pages on canines...

1 comment:

BoSox Siobhan said...

I like having four-legged friends in my house with me. If it can't be Miss Fiona, then a medium-sized dog will have to do the trick.