Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fenway Park, Here We Come!


Today is a day I have been waiting for forever!
My first trip to Fenway Park for an actual baseball game -- I took the tour of the place some years ago when I came to visit, but this is the real thing!
The game starts at 7:05 and BKDM and I are planning on getting to the area around 5:00 so we can soak up all the ambiance. (Hint: In this case, "ambiance" = "beer")
The opposing team is the Texas Rangers. I don't know much about this team, except for the fact that they were once the Washington Senators and that Teddy Williams was their manager then. He quit when they moved to Texas because he hated the place so.
Oh, and W was somehow involved with their management until the people of Texas gave their village idiot his first political job as Governor. They elected that guy but not Kinky Friedman; what a fucking travesty.
On further thought, even if the Rangers weren't playing the Red Sox, I'd cheer passionately against them. What a shitty history.
Whew!
That felt good; nice and cathartic. If I can keep it together, I'll try and mobile blog from the game.

2 comments:

BoSox Siobhan said...

I can't decide if I should delete this comment and block the commenter or revel in the fact that we got our first comment-spam.

Vergie Bridges said...

I got something similar once, I was skeered to go to the link.