Sunday, March 29, 2009

The story of our rings

Please allow me to be a little self-indulgent here. I want to share the story of how BKDM and I picked out our rings.
In a time-honored tradition, we went to The Jeweler's Building in Boston's Downtown Crossing area.
There, we found a jewelry show room that is family owned and creates baubles to your very specifications called Hefez and Sons.
The man who helped us was a genius and figured out exactly what we wanted with only a few questions.
They will mount the diamond my father gave to my mother when they were engaged 55+ years ago. The picture above is a sample of the setting. It will look a little different with the Wood family stone in it.
We also picked BKDM's ring -- a large, weighty, platinum jobby. It fits him well.... so well that I don't think he'll ever be able to take it off, but that suits me just fine.
So, in 10 days, we'll be on step closer to getting married.

6 comments:

Vespa Jay said...

This makes me happy! Congratulations again.

chimney fall cat said...

Congrats friend! Miss you and love ya!

yoursis said...

Love the story, love the players, love the ring! Congratulations you two!

BigTDog said...

I have nothing witty or pithy to add...Congrats!

Ann said...

YEEEHAW! Congrats you guys!!!

Vergie Bridges said...

Congratulations. I raise a glass to the happy couple.