Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nina Flowers, my one true love (spoiler alert)


Ladies and Gentlemen:
I have been watching RuPaul's Drag Race religiously every Monday and last night was no exception. It was the final show and even though Jason District will tell you that Rebecca Glasscock was his choice for the winner, I picked Nina Flowers as my favorite ages ago. On stage, she's fierce and punk and full of edge, channeling equal parts Grace Jones and Nina Hagen. But off stage, she is sweet as pie. And when the Puerto Rican comes out in full force, you know I am hooked.
But alas, my girl did not win. Scary Bebe did. I will not be going to Absolut Pride Fest now.
Sigh.
Nina/Jorge -- If you ever come to Boston to perform or to DJ, I'll be there in force.
Mwah!
Update: According to Entertainment Weekly, Season 2 has been greenlit!
Update 2: Dammit all to hell. DJ Flowers was here Saint Patrick's weekend and I missed it. Feck!

2 comments:

Vespa Jay said...

SAY IT ISN'T SO...and why no spoiler alert in your headline for those of who can't get Logo on vacation? You know I'm addicted to the interwebs and wouldn't stay away from the steamer!

I did luv the Rebecca, Nina second, and Bebe last...oh well. CAMEROON CAMEROON CAMEROON

Vergie Bridges said...

Watched this for the first time at 1532 with the Spins while also watching March Madness. I liked the bald Asian.

Lipsynch for your LYFE!!