Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holiday Greatest Hits Contenders

I love Christmas Wrapping, by the Waitresses. This song is fabulous (I swear I'm not gay), and now it's combined with something semi-techno! (Unlike SisterDisco I won't force you to listen to this song by auto-loading it when you hit the page)



The waitresses were an experimental new wave band and their hit Christmas Wrapping was originally available on the Ze Records original collection ''A Christmas Record'', and has been covered by Save Ferris, The Donnas, Kate Nash, A Minute Away From Snowing, and the Spice Girls.

Sorry this version sounds like it was recorded in somebody's bathroom but the video I posted from last year was revoked by a third party copyright claim. lame.


Also in the running, are the Jingle Cats - wasn't there an entire album of this in the 80's?



Of course, I can't mention the Jingle Cats without a tip of the cap to Dogs Singing Christmas




Finally, worth notable mention only because it makes us wonder: is there such a thing as mariah-carey-boarding?

1 comment:

WickedGayBlog.com said...

Love it!

Thanks for getting me in the Christmas mood!

Dave